Our traditional 26+2 Bikram yoga class is for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.
Yoga is NOT just for the fantastically flexible. In fact, if you are not flexible, if you cannot touch your toes, or perhaps cannot even see your toes, you are a perfect candidate for the benefits of yoga.
Feeling nervous, scared, or a little intimidated by the demands of Bikram Yoga? No problem! During class nobody will look at you or judge you. The teacher will guide you and instruct you. No need to feel self conscious. It’s helpful to realize that people’s focus is on themselves, they are working too hard to even notice you. Bikram designed this class for beginners, so with a little practice, you will soon feel right at home.
Before the class:
- Arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your first class for registration.
- Avoid heavy eating 2-3 hours before class – yoga is always best practiced on an empty stomach. Some people however need to a have a little something in their belly, such as a piece of fruit or an energy bar.
- Be well hydrated – Drink plenty of water throughout the day before coming to class.
- Please have clean feet and be free of perfume/cologne (shower before class if necessary).
What do I need to bring with me?
Class Tips and Etiquette
- Please be on time. All classes will start on time, no late admittance
- Please try your best to stay in the studio for the entire 90 minutes
- Feeling dizzy, nauseous, or light headed is normal for beginners. Toxins are releasing from the body. Never be afraid to sit or lie down.
- Be prepared to sweat!
- Be silent once you have entered the studio
- Drink plenty of water after class
- Enjoy the peace and energy you are taking with you from class